The synergy set up among CBA’s legal, tax and accounting constituents, along with in-depth consideration of the interactions between the laws in force and customary practice, made our Restructuring & Insolvency team a leading practice in this sector.
Besides the consensus raised in the most notable and substantial transactions in Italy on debt restructuring of distressed and/or insolvent companies, and in insolvency proceedings, the Restructuring & Insolvency Department has been awarded several honours for its scientific and vocational activities.
By virtue of its consolidated international network of tax and legal advisors, the Restructuring & Insolvency team is also able to assist in cross-border corporate restructurings and insolvency proceedings.
Our Restructuring & Insolvency Department consolidated its expertise in:
- Corporate reorganization both on the creditor’s and the debtor’s side
- Turnaround and pre-insolvency transactions (including repayment plans and debt rescheduling schemes) implemented through debt-equity swaps and/or the issue of participative financial instruments
- Assistance to boards of directors, boards of auditors, and other experts involved under any title
- Insolvency proceedings for liquidation purposes or business continuity purposes, including of an “administrative” nature
- Loans in favour of entities in financial distress and/or under insolvency proceedings
- Acquisition of distressed or insolvent companies and/or their assets
- Trading of distressed debt, and assignments of portfolios of non-performing loans and/or participative financial instruments, or investments in distressed assets
- Analysis and assessment of any insolvency liability issue within the scope of securitisation transactions, project financing, structured finance, derivatives, bond issues and other corporate and financial transactions