We handle a wide range of legal work in the maritime, harbour and financing sectors.
Our law firm has been regularly advising financial institutions and companies active in the shipping industry for their funding requirements. Our abilities and track record qualify us to manage the most complex transactions, including syndicated loans and financial leases. We also accrued noteworthy expertise on funding of luxury yachts and leisure boats, an industry where Italian shipbuilding has acquired strategic importance.
The consolidated relationships that we have built up over the time enable us to provide tax and legal assistance on multi-jurisdiction transactions.
Italian and foreign leading players of the cruising sector and a number of shipping industry associations seek our advice on a regular basis.
Our expertise allows us to assist and advise Clients on legal issues concerning:
- Lease and construction of vessels of all types
- Mergers and acquisitions in the harbour industry
- Participation in public tenders
- Management of port operations
- Authorization and concession schemes in the harbour sector
- Transportation of passengers on Ro/Ro vessels and cruise ships
- Project financing of harbour facilities.
The members of the Shipping & Cruising Department work closely with the members of the other departments so as to blend their complementary specialties and capabilities into a fully integrated service.