CBA offers extensive legal assistance to the aviation, aerospace and defence industry.
CBA delivers to its Clients a wide-range perspective of this sector’s processes, and assists them through the phases of establishment and start-up of their businesses, and in the selection of the governance model that most suits the applicable law and regulatory framework.
We advise financial institutions on a regular basis in connection with their funding requirements, and some of the leading companies active in the aviation, aerospace and defence industry. Our expertise and track record enable us to handle the most complex transactions.
Furthermore, CBA’s Aviation Department assists Clients in relation to:
- Sale and purchase of aircrafts and new and second-hand engines
- Incorporation of airlines
- Preparation of security documents
- Drafting and negotiation of aircraft (dry-/wet-) lease agreements
- Cross-border leasing
- Joint-ventures between airlines and domestic and international companies active in the defence industry
- Supply agreements, R&D and joint development agreements for aircraft and helicopters components
- Contracts on defence electronics and systems, flight simulators and security and intelligence systems (e.g., cyber security, recognition systems and drone location)
CBA also developed significant expertise in assisting foreign carriers throughout their relationships with the Italian authorities.
The members of our aviation group work closely with the other departments of our law firm, to focus their complementary specialties and expertise into a fully integrated service.